What is Thinking Feeling Willing?
This program has evolved so much since it began in October of 2011. As participants continue to join and I see the needs of families changing, we are including more and more materials, patterns, stories, inner work guidance and consulting. It has really become TRUE homeschool teacher training. The program is making a difference in many lives. We invite you to become a participant yourself and tell us what you think!
Look at the full year's syllabus HERE
Who is a good fit? You may be a parent that is new to Waldorf, struggling to absorb it all. Or maybe you have been at it a while and just feel like there is something missing. Maybe you are a mom with younger children wanting to get a head start so you are fully ready. Or maybe you have older children and you are scrambling to catch up. Some of our participants know Waldorf well and they just need some reflection and renewed guidance with the curriculum. No matter where you are in your journey there is room for you.
Have you paid for other programs and still felt like didn't learn how to really *do this*? Or have you read through curriculum and still feel like there must be something missing because you aren't able to capture what you see in your mind? Do you look to "pretty blogs" for inspiration but in the end find yourself frustrated that you can't make your home be like that? This program will help!
Our aim isn't just to give you information, it is to help you be confident in this role. I have been at this for many years and I know what it is like to do Waldorf without a supportive family or Waldorf school to fall back on. I am here, walking this road with you each day. I understand rhythm and sleep, special needs children and ex husbands. With my own experience, I also have the experience of working with hundreds of families over the years - all different sizes and different circumstances. Waldorf homeschooling is about so much more than the things that go on in the classroom, it is about family. We have walked it. Let us help you on your Waldorf journey.
What others are saying about the program:
"Our family had decided that we wanted to establish Waldorf principles in our home but were a little unsure of where to begin. "Thinking, Feeling, Willing" was exactly what our family needed to get jump started! From the very first day our home became more peaceful and joyful. As I began the "Mom Lessons" I felt renewed purpose in my decision to homeschool and was enriched by the reminders to meditate, renew and work on my own talents. Our son, who just a few weeks ago was behaving very aggressively, is much more calm, gentle and even a better listener. "Thinking, Feeling, Willing" is a great way to learn the basics of handwork, circle time, and storytelling with your young children. Most helpful though is learning that rhythm begins with you, the Mom, and how to establish daily rhythm that works for you and your family. We are so grateful to Melisa for creating such an inspiring and practical program!" ~Amber, 25, homeschooling mom to two
"When I first heard about Thinking, Feeling, Willing, I wanted to sign up immediately. But because I have a wise homeschooling consultant (wink, wink, "It's Melisa!"), I slept on the idea first. I did sign up that next morning, and I am so glad I did. I have a 6 year old kindergartner, and despite our strong daily rhythm, I felt like he was just floating along in the wake of my fourth grader's lessons. Thinking, Feeling, Willing provides the ideas and structure that I needed to bring a more intentional kindergarten focus to our days. The blog is very user-friendly, highly interactive and thorough. Melisa gives you exactly what you need, without overwhelming you. This is a program that gives you a place to start that is both doable and fun." ~S
"Melisa, Well, I just had to let you know that we had the best day today! I did our first TFW story this morning. The boys were absolutely wild this morning and I normally would have thrown up my hands and turned on the tv but instead I started singing the circle time songs... this startled them enough that they came to listen (and stare at me.. haha). And then they sat for the story... even the two year old! Then they asked to hear it again! I think I can do this. :)" -K
Want to know more?
Want to see samples?
Sample of a partial Mom Lesson:
What does the program include?
As I mentioned above, the program has grown so much since we first launched it. It continues to grow each week as I find more and more things that I think you can use in your backpack on this journey.
The Mom Lessons include:
- Learning to tackle your rhythm once and for all, how you can keep it from falling apart no matter what your situation.
- Helping you understand and work with your WILL, tame it, build it, get strong.
- Understanding the curriculum, the 7 year cycles, what to teach when and why, temperaments, inner work and more.
- Continual "how-to's" through video, audio and photo tutorial of things like learning to knit, crochet, embroider, make dolls, puppets, craft a story, plan lessons, paint, draw, model, form drawing and much, much more.
- Understanding festivals, them some ideas on the how of celebrating them and understanding the why behind them. Using the festivals as inner work.
- One on one guidance with the curriculum and helping you guide your child(ren) no matter what your family size or their ages.
- On going one on one support for a full calendar year and a reduced renewal fee at the end of the year for those that want to go through it again. We offer a bundle also for those that want to bundle it with their curriculum purchase.
- A 15% discount on any materials you want to buy through the year.
- As a bonus, a full year of kindergarten lessons are included as well. These are perfect for the early childhood mom, but they are also useful for moms with older children that want more story content, recipes, a fully planned out circle time.
- A full year's worth of planned circle times, 4 new recipes each month, 2-4 handwork projects each month with hands on guidance.
- ALL of this work is Steiner/Waldorf related. With our background and years of working with Steiner's indications, you can trust us to stay within those parameters in teaching the foundations of the method.
- If you are local to the Salt Lake City area, join us for the program LIVE each month with personal instruction included in the program.
Still have questions? EMAIL us.
Ready to SHOP?